May 01, 2017
Enola Labs

Enola Labs creates custom strategy and products for mobile and web.

Let’s Talk

Subscribe to our blog:

These are the top 13 mobile device usage stats in 2017, brought to you by the leading Austin app developers at Enola Labs.

1. Individuals are spending an average of 3 hours 23 mins per day in apps, and just 50 mins per day on the mobile web.

2. Over 50% of small businesses report to be considering building a mobile application in 2017.

3. The App Market will be a $77 Billion Industry by 2017.

4. In 2017, there will be roughly 268 million mobile apps downloaded.

5. As of March 2017, there are 2.8m Google Play Store apps and 2.2m App Store apps.

6. 2017 will be the Year of the Smart Home, with many Smart Home devices controllable through the Amazon Alexa and mobile apps.

7. Mobile apps account for 89% of total mobile media time, while the remaining 11% is spent on websites.

8. 61% of users are unlikely to return to a mobile site they initially have trouble accessing and 40% will visit a competitor’s site instead.

9. 88% of users who search for a type of local services business on a mobile device call or go to that business within 24 hours.

10. 53% of mobile pages are abandoned if it takes longer than 3 seconds for the page to load.

11. In 2017, 69% of total digital media time is spent on mobile.

12. Almost 75 percent of US adults will use a smartphone in 2017.

13. Over 8 in 10 internet users will use their smartphone to access the web regularly in 2017.

Bonus: Snapchat recently announced that 60% of 18-34 US-based smartphone-using adults are Snapchat users.